One of, if not THE best, ways to grow your business is through developing a culture of in-store social experiences by offering regular classes and events. If you’re looking to add thousands of dollars to your bottom line – you’re in the right place! This Education Boot Camp is designed for you – someone who wants to learn the ins and outs of running classes and events at their store. With the dynamic duo of Jon and Brooke as your guides, you’ll discover the basics of class creation and presentation. You’ll learn how to capture the personality of your instructors and your store – including promotion and advertising tactics to get your events noticed. You will leave with the confidence, tools, and knowledge to be successful at running educational and creative courses.
What type of classes draw the most interest? (You might be surprised!) How much should I charge for a class or event? (Could be more than you think!) Do I have to start from scratch creating my own class content? (Not always, some of the work is done and waiting for you.)
– You will learn the specifics that go into developing, planning, hosting and teaching any type of class, event, workshop or photo walk.
– Discover the profit potential and business opportunities.
– Go beyond traditional photography classes to more hands on, creative and engaging options.
– Use an ‘outside the box’ approach to offer topics that will attract everyone from baby-boomers to millennials.
– Learn how social media, email marketing and in-store promotion can make or break class attendance.
– Reach existing customers, target new attendees and capture the attention of people who may not even know you exist! Brooke and Jon share their “secret ingredients” on how to make the right marketing efforts pay off in a big way!
– Develop new ways to monetize attendance – and then some! Create add-on sales and DIY projects that highlight the printing and services side of your business.
12:30pm – 2:00pm
– Learn how to improve your own teaching skills and maximize your effectiveness as an instructor.
– Help your team members become confident with a fan following.
– Better engage with attendees and have students return for additional classes by understanding your audience and developing a personalized teaching and presentation style.
– Discover a new approach to introducing product to your pupils that will not only increase your sales but gain their trust and loyalty as well.
– Learn how to engage with your attendees right after a class or workshop by sending them home with hands on homework assignments, a follow-up quiz to see how they liked the class/exercises and get feedback on how you as an instructor can improve your teaching style and promotion.
– “Ask the Instructors Anything”
– End the day by grabbing a beverage with your amazing instructors while you chat and network with the Boot Camp group. Bring your questions, all of them!
Originally from Northern Idaho, Jon is an independent photographer currently based in Belgrade
MT. For the past fifteen years, he has been capturing wildlife and landscape images from the
Pacific Northwest, Alaska, Southwest, and the jungle of Chicago. His works have been
displayed in several galleries and featured in numerous publications such as The Timberstand
Gallery, Montana Trails Gallery, P.O.A.C., Keokee Books, Hagadone Directories, Calumet
Focus Magazine, and The Best Photos and Photographers. In addition, he has worked with
companies such as Animal Planet, Discovery, Hanes, Champion, American Express Travel,
Duofold, Altour, Holland America, Forward Motion Media, Koll, and has written and conducted
seminars on a wide range of photography-related topics for the internationally recognized
Originally from small-town Wyoming, Brooke has always had a passion for art, speech and
education. In 2006 she graduated from college with a BA in Fine Art and Painting and
immediately moved to Bozeman, Montana and started a career in graphic design. In 2008
Brooke joined the F-11 Photo family and has been thriving there in Marketing and Advertising.
She started in an Advertising and a Lab Tech position but realized her passion was in all things
marketing and social media. Now you can find the self-proclaimed Instagram addict across the
social media universe where she manages five Instagram accounts, three Facebook business
pages and enjoys keeping up on current social trends.